Monday, February 25, 2008

Sleeping Baby


Our little Jack has been struggling with sleep for the last month. He began sleeping through the night at about 6 weeks old. It wasn't quite as great at it sounds. He would go down at 8pm and sleep for a solid 4-6 hours and then fuss in his sleep until he got up at 6am. We had to check on him about every hour, but he didn't need a feeding for those 10 hours, so we considered ourselves lucky. Well, since the beginning of January, we have had some difficulty. Between the stomach virus, the flu, and teething, we were back to night feedings and fussiness. It was so bad, we started putting him in bed with us each night (I know, I know, but when your baby is sick and you are both tired and working, you get desperate!) This meant weaning was put on hold as I would sometimes breast feed him hourly to get him to settle down. Well, the good news is he is over being sick and that first tooth has made it's appearance. As a result, my baby went to sleep last night and slept from 8:30pm-6:30am. No waking, no fussing! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the clock this morning. Woo Hoo! What a way to kick of my first day on my new job as full time mommy!

He is also napping much better. (In fact he is already asleep in my lap as I type and it's only 8:30am!) He must have some catching up to do on sleep. This picture was taken Saturday night as he fell asleep while I was feeding him his favorite: carrots. He must have been tired!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I love it when my kids fall asleep while eating. Max used to do it until recently. I have all sorts of fun pictures.

Kim said...

Maybe he'll be like his cousin Logan and be able to fall asleep anywhere.