Friday, September 25, 2009

I Love My Jack

There are so many reasons I love this little boy. Here are just a few:
  • When I hold him because he is upset, he always pats and rubs my back.
  • He grabs my chin and makes sure I am looking at him when he has something to say.
  • He laughs and pushes his way in between Stuart and I when we kiss because he wants to be a part of the love.
  • When I sing him to sleep at night and he has had enough and just wants to go to bed, he covers my mouth with his hand and says "mom, mom, mom..." until I stop singing.
  • When I sing 5 Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed he always says "owie" with such concern when the monkey breaks his head. Every time.
  • When playing with other kids, he always stops if someone is crying and sits with them until they are better.
  • When he has a lot to say, he ends his story with "mom, mom, mom, mommy." I'm not sure why, but it is sweet.
  • When we cuddle, he lays as close to me as possible and wraps my arms tight around him. He loves it even more when he can get his mom and dad to do this at the same time.

4 comments:

Heather said...

Isn't it awesome being the mom and having so many little things you love because they are just for you. He is so cute and such a sweet boy.

Sheri said...

He sounds like such a sweetheart. I love those moments when Evan kisses or hugs me. It makes it all worthwhile.

Kim said...

He is so sweet and tenderhearted. What a great mom you are to appreciate all of the little things. Aren't kids great?

Becca said...

He is such a cutie! He is getting older and I love his sweet and adorable face! And I love that he still carries his blanket everywhere (obvious from your photos).