Tuesday, March 24, 2009

19 months old

On the 22nd, Jack turned 19 months old. Here is a snapshot of what he is up to these days:
  • He loves stuffed animals, but only small ones he can hold in his hand. He wants nothing to do with larger ones. He carries around little stuffed dogs and cats and kisses them throughout the day.
  • He will mimic many words, but still volunteers little on his own. If you ask him what his name is, he will tell you, if he is in the mood. When prompted, he knows to say please if he wants something.
  • He knows what he wants and is insistent. Temper tantrums are common.
  • He resists his bedtime story because he knows that is the last thing to happen before bed. Once we convince him to sit down for the stories, he will insist on multiple readings to delay what is coming next.
  • Current favorite toy is a travel size stick of deodorant. (It still has the original plastic covering under the cap that he doesn't know to remove.) He carries it all over the place and rubs it on his legs. I keep it in my diaper bag in case he gets fussy in the car.
  • He is fast. He runs very quickly and climbs on stuff before you know it.
  • He likes Sesame Street, but only some of the characters. Elmo's world is a hit, as well as the Count, Murry and his Little Lamb, Slimy, and Ernie and Bert. He definitely does not like Telly, Baby Bear, and Abby Cadabby (unless she is singing.) I bought the shirt in this picture yesterday and he was so excited he carried it around the house with him the rest of the day.
  • He has strong opinions on clothing. The first preference is always to be naked. But, he will throw aside many a shirt I pick out in favor of another one. He also hates it when I wear certain things. It is weird. If I try to put a sweat shirt on over my clothes in the morning, he screams, cries, and tries his best to pull it off of me. Same thing with pants or a robe. He does not do this with Stuart, just with me. I don't get it. It's only in the morning that he reacts this way.
  • He is still the happiest, most energetic kid I have ever encountered...and I love that about him!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love that you do the monthly updates.

Joe was the same way with bedtime stories. He always insisted on multiple books.

I love that deodorant is his favorite toy right now.

The only parts of Sesame street Joe was ever interested in was The Count and Elmo's world (of course).

He does seem really happy. It must be lots of fun to be his mom.

LauraB said...

What a cute kid!!!!

Sheri said...

I love that his favorite toy is deodrant. Too funny!

Evan loves Elmo's World too. Elmo and Cookie Monster are his favorite Sesame Street characters.