Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Shoe Problems

Jack has always loved shoes. When he was younger, he would chew on his dad's shoes. (Gross, I know.) Over the weekend, I found him trying to put his foot into a pair of my high heels. I thought I would help him out by putting his feet into a pair of my flats. He really liked them. (Try to ignore my bras on the floor; I hadn't cleaned our bedroom.)


Unfortunately, when he couldn't keep them on, he got a little frustrated.

I worry about how he reacts when he is frustrated. Stuart thinks I should let it go. In his opinion, "we won the baby lottery" with Jack. Since Jack is so happy, a good sleeper, and not at all difficult, Stuart thinks this is a minor challenge. As I said before, the kid is determined.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I definitely see some similarities here!! It's gets less dramatic as their skills improve and their verbal skills advance too. Wyatt used to hit himself or the walls or ME (that still happens occassionally when he's really mad at me -- but it now results in a time-out and then he has to say "sorry" and give me a hug before I interact with him again...IT'S WORKS since Wyatt's a lot like Jack in that they crave Mama's attention. No attention is a good tactic for me)

Don't worry he's just passionate and has a high drive to do things for himself -- it's a good thing.

Alex

Sheri said...

Since Jack is such a good baby does that mean he'll be a crazy teenager? My babies are all INSANE so I keep telling myself that they will be really mellow teenagers - they're getting all their hyperactivity and aggression out now.

Who am I kidding?

Charlotte said...

I was hoping he would try and put the bra on. LOL. I so love his little tantrum, oh how I miss those days...NOT! I say let it go also, once they are older they just yell at you and call you names!