Saturday, August 16, 2008

WALKING BABY!

OK, we have had a very busy week: the girls arrived for their summer visit, my brother Kevin came to town for a very short stay, we took the family for a brief vacation to Sedona, oh, and I cut off all of my hair (not exagerating, a good six inches gone! I'm in mourning at the moment, but more on that later.) Anyway, I have lots to share on all of these topics, but that will have to wait because Jack is now walking! He is limited to about 5 or 6 steps at a time and he looks like a little drunk, but we are loving it! When he does it, he looks around, waiting for the applause and cheers that he gets in return, it is so cute. He also does not have the ability to stop himself, so he walks very fast until he falls into something or someone. I do love that Heather and Karen got to be here for the event! Sorry for the short video, by the time it occured to us to start filming, he was getting pretty tired of being forced to perform.

Stuart took the first video and didn't realize he had the camera sideways. (Sorry, but I don't have the ability with our current software to change the orientation, so it is a bit difficult to view.) Don't worry, I took the second one and it is much better.

Thanks to everyone for their warnings of things to come now that Jack is learning this new skill. I really do love that I have so many people who have set great examples for me on how to manage my crazy little boy. I just want to say thanks to Jamie, Marcy, Kim, Becca, and especially Sheri , for their blogs. You are all great moms and I appreciate being able to read your updates and crazy stories for inspiration and support. (Charlotte, I would thank you, but you seem to have abandoned the blogging world, what's up with that?!)

5 comments:

LauraB said...

WOO-HOO!!! Let the games begin! Good job, Jack-man!

Becca said...

I don't know if I would go so far as to say I was a good mom, but Thank you!

I love walking babies - I think it's easier. Yes, they get into more things and yes, they will likely start climbing next, but now Mel can walk herself at the beach, while we are camping, she can entertain herself better while I am busy, etc. I don't have to carry her!

Jamie said...

Thank, Teresa. Being a Mom is hard work - way harder than I ever thought it would be. But the kids make it so worth it! Especially when they do cute things - like learning to walk. Go Jack!

Kim said...

This is a nice post. I know my baby is much older than yours, but I love reading your blog because it brings back all my memories of Joseph when he was little - all of the firsts, how much fun they are when they are little and you get to watch them learn. Keep it up, you are creating a great scrapbook/journal that you will be able to look back on for years to come.

I think you are a great mom too.

Sheri said...

Yeah for Jack!