Friday, August 29, 2008

Rough Day for Little Man


Jack had his 1 year well check doctor visit today. He is getting so big! His weight seems to be going up as always; he is 26 lbs. (89%) He has nearly a 19 inch head (89%) and his height is now a smidge under 33 inches (off the charts again!) With all of his crawling and walking, he really isn't the chubba bubba he was when he was younger. Some of the pants I have bought him will fall right off him now!

He was very upset about his shots today. He did very well the last time, but this time, it wasn't the pain as much as his feelings that were involved. He had a blast playing at the doctor's office, flirting and showing off his new tricks. When they held him down for his shots, he was stunned. He cried the way he does when his feelings are hurt. It just killed me. He was so upset. When I took him home, he still let out quiet muffled sobs in his sleep while he napped.

I also have to share what he did after his nap. Most of you know my son's obsession with his blanket. My robe is made of the same material. I mistakenly left it laying out this morning and Jack was having fun playing with it. He buries his head in it and laughs. He drags it around. He plays with something else, and then gets a glimps of it and rushes over to grab it again. Well, while this was going on, I was cleaning the kitchen. I heard Jack crying and found him like this. (I swear I did not put it on his head, he got stuck on his own.) Mean mom that I am, I first went and got the camera to film it before I helped him escape.

Anyway, he is extremely fussy now and running a fever, so this evening is going to be a challenge. Poor man, teething and shots!

3 comments:

LauraB said...

My new favorite picture - I love his eyes!! Sorry Jack-man is having a bad day - hope tomorrow is better! :)

Sheri said...

Poor Jack - what a rough day. He is such a cutie though - I can't believe how big he is! Maybe he'll be a basketball player?

Sandy said...

Cute, cute, cute little man!!