Thursday, August 7, 2008

Jack's Room is Done (Maybe)

Jack turns 1 year old on August 22nd and I have just finished his nursery. Truth be told, it was 95% completed before he was born. (I only stopped then because Stuart made me.) It was cute, however, it didn't reflect my entire vision. Part of the problem with waiting until you are 36 to have a baby means you put a lot of thought and planning into your vision of the ideal room. The major murals were completed, but because I am a perfectionist, I wasn't satisfied. I just completed some minor additions that I feel made a big difference to the end result. Here is Baby Jack's Dr. Seuss room. (You will notice, he did not like hanging out in his crib while I took the pictures.)






Once I finished painting, Stuart did agree that the additions made a difference, but suggested I must be done at this point. I am done. But, I can't help but think of the blank space next to the door where a stack of turtles would fit perfectly.... (I know, I need professional help, I'll consider that.)

As a side note, see if you can name all of the books referenced in the murals.

7 comments:

LauraB said...

That is one fantastic room! Of course he doesn't want to be IN the crib, he wants to be playing!!

Becca said...

Holy Cow!! That room is awesome - I am beyond impressed.

I am going to say that I see:

Green Eggs and Ham (my favorite)
The Lorax
The Sneetches (is that the name of the book?)
and Cat in the Hat.

Did I miss one?

Kim said...

The room looks so good. You are impressive. I think that Becca got all of the books, except isn't there one called "Oh the places you'll go"? I think I see that written on one of the walls.

Joe's favorites were: "The foot book" and "One fish, two fish.."

I love Dr. Seuss.

Teresa said...

Yup, those are all represented, plus: Horton Hatches the Egg and one hybrid of Marvin K Mooney Will You Please Go Now.

Sheri said...

Teresa - you are seriously talented. AWESOME job!

Jamie said...

What a great room - lucky Jack!

Sandy said...

Love, love, love his room!