Sunday, July 6, 2008

Too Much Love for Mom

It is becoming increasingly difficult for me to do anything these days. Jack is constantly climbing up on me and trying to get involved in everything I do. When I cook, he is hanging on to my clothes and begging to be held. I can't even use the bathroom without Jack banging on the door and coming in to unroll all of the toilet paper! It is cute, but very frustrating.

Recently, I thought I would try to resume my exercise routine (I need it!) I was extremely active before I had Jack and worked out religiously. Once we found out we were expecting, the doctor advised that I tone down my exercise routine; but to be safe, we cut it out all together, limiting my exercise to walking only. Jack is now 10 months old, and my only exercise is chasing after him. I occasionally do some lunges and squats while holding Jack, which offers a nice amount of weight resistance. However, I really thought it was time to do some stomach crunches. (I came to this conclusion one afternoon when Jack began pulling at and playing with the excess around my waist. Boy, is that a wake up call or what?!) Unfortunately, Jack wants to get involved in this new activity. Only when Stuart pulled out the camera did he lose interest in what I was doing.

With Jack, everything is a team sport!

3 comments:

Kim said...

I remember those days of going into the bathroom to escape for a few minutes. Joe would lay down and shove his hand under the door and say "mom" over and over again. It's nice to feel loved.

I loved the video. Jack is too cute. He's trying to be healthy. He want's to exercise with you.

Sheri said...

I think he just wanted a little make-out session and then he was fine.

P.S. It doesn't end. EVER.

Sandy said...

I used to put you kids in your high chair and put it in the hallway with the door open so I could hear you while I took a shower...then I would shower as fast as I could!