Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Bye Bye Bottle

Well, I began the bottle weaning process with Jack this week. I hope I am not being unrealistically optimistic, but I think it will go well. He doesn't ever take a bottle to go down for a nap and we broke him of the bedtime bottle requirement 3 months ago. He does drink a full bottle for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. In addition he has a smaller bottle for an afternoon snack and a cup of juice for a late afternoon snack. I figured, we would try to gradually replace each meal's bottle with a sippy cup of milk. We are starting with lunch. So far, so good, although it takes him forever to finish drinking it. He loves to play with it. He seems to drink about half and then wants a long break before I can push him to drink the other half. I am so tempted to just stick with the bottle to get his meals over with quickly. The good news, at least, is he seems ok with the gradual switch from formula to milk. I am open to any suggestions on this process...

As a side note, except on rare occasion, he still doesn't want to feed himself. What is with that? Every random object he picks up goes straight into his mouth, with the exception of food. Food is crushed in his hands and smeared around.

Quick video of his milk at lunch. He is a talker!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

You are a better mom than me. I still give Evan a bottle occasionally. Mostly because it makes him happy.

I love when he starts smiling at the end.

LauraB said...

I love his smiles at the end, too. I play it over and over for that part!!

Kim said...

He's so cute and he loves to talk. I bet you guys have great conversations.