Saturday, July 26, 2008

Chew Toys

Jack is still a biter and a chewer. Luckily, we have stopped the biting of mom. However, the chewing of everything else is out of control at this point. If he gets styrofoam, cardboard, or paper near him, it is devoured in a matter of seconds (no exaggeration.) I am amazed, however, at the damage he can inflict on other items. Here are a few examples:

He is obsessed with chewing shoes, especially dad's shoes! Often, Stuart waits until he is in the garage to put on his shoes before leaving for work.


Not a great picture, but he has about chewed a hole in the spout of his sippy cup.


I caught this one yesterday, which seems innocent at first, until you look at the last one closely and see that he has scrapped the paint off of the wall. That was not fun to dig out of his mouth.


I also believe he may have chipped one of his top teeth. It seems more pointed then I remember, but he won't let me get close enough to look. What a bad mom I am! (I have terrible guilt over this one, but I really believe it is Stuart's fault for letting him chew the plastic railings on the window seals by snapping it back with his teeth.)

4 comments:

LauraB said...

Yup, don't go walking through a cow pasture and put your feet up - Jack will start munching on your shoes! Papa put his feet up and, like a little magnet, Jack crawls over to his shoes and starting touching them and just as he was about to get a good grip on the shoe, Papa put his feet down! Party pooper.

LauraB said...

Oh, Teresa, I forgot to tell you. Those rattan baskets - yeah, watch out. He can bite off pieces - there are two little pieces laying on your island counter!

Teresa said...

That explains why I keep finding pieces of the baskets all over the house. I wonder how much he has swallowed...

Sheri said...

I went through the same thing with Evan. He loved to chew on the edge of our computer desk. It's like having a puppy, I swear!