Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Memories Captured in My Heart



Recently I went to Target to buy some new jammies for Jack. It appears he just jumped right past the 9 month size clothing, going straight from 6 mo to 12 mo. I am looking for little footed sleepers and can't really find any in his new size. They are all little boy pajamas with tops and bottoms, no feet. Gone are the cute little baby themes, replaced with super heros. I just wanted to cry. How did he get so big so fast? He is only 6 months old. It all happened so quick. I am hitting full on panic mode about his growing up. I had visions when he was born of creating scrap books of every milestone. Not just with pictures, but with stories I'd write describing all of the precious moments we have experienced. I haven't done any of that! I know it is more important to capture these moments in my heart than on paper, but I can't help but feel like I should be documenting everything. Our precious little baby boy...I hope he will understand one day.

5 comments:

Kim said...

The time you spend WITH him is more important that the time you'll spend scrapbooking about him. I'm not saying scrapbooking isn't important, because you know I love it. Just don't beat yourself up if you don't remember to include every little thing. Just keep your pictures organized and don't forget to write the dates on the back. I always think I'll remember, but I have so many pictures, I never do.

Sheri said...

I agree with Kim. Also, you've documented some stuff on this blog so he will be able to go back and read it.

Becca said...

Mel skipped the 9 month size too! I agree with Kim, just spent as much time as possible with him.

Heather said...

He has the most beautiful eyes. You are lucky and Jack is lucky to have such a caring and wonderful mother.

jaust.me said...

Just wait until he is 13 and you are still saying "Wait, how did you get so big, so fast? What happened to my little baby? Who is this grouch teenager? Oh, wait, that last part will never happen, I promise. We love teenagers!