Thursday, August 11, 2011

Projects

Jack has never had a strong interest in art. Coloring and drawing just isn't on his list of favorite things to do. He does, however, really love science, so I try my best to encourage him in this area. It can be really fun. Last week we made volcanoes. (Jack's is the one on the right.)








It's a good thing we painted over a heavy duty tray, because Jack insisted that he needed to thoroughly paint inside the volcano...because that is were most of the lava is. (Note to self: next time use a box with a bottom on it.)




This next project was Jack's idea. He came to me one morning insisting that we do paper mache. I asked him if he knew how to do that and he told me, in great detail, all the steps. I was impressed. Apparently, he learned this from an episode of Curious George. (Some of our best project ideas come from Curious George.) We decided to make a Spiderman pinata for his birthday.


Paper mache is serious business.



It's very messy.




Waiting for it to dry is so hard.




Jack painted it and mom drew the lines.



It's a little rough, but Jack is so proud of it.


3 comments:

Sheri said...

You are awesome. Seriously. I love that Spiderman pinata. Good job Jack! and good job mom :)

LauraB said...

I think your pinata is great!!

Kim said...

Ok. That just looks awesome. I love that you encourage him and let him do projects, even if they are time consuming and messy.