Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Jack Update


It's been a long time since I have done a "Jack Facts" post. He is growing and changing so fast, I think I better post this before he is on to the next phase.




  • Currently wears big kid clothes. Size 4 or 6...size 8 in jammies! Size 11 shoe.

  • Favorite color: blue. (Dad is so relieved the pink phase has passed.)

  • Favorite cartoon: toss up: Caillou is still in the lead, but Tom & Jerry is a close second. And Ben 10 is moving up the ranks fast!

  • Astro Boy has been his favorite movie for months, but I think Chicken Little has taken over...we watch it ALL the time now.

  • Favorite books: Going on a Bear Hunt and I Can Read with my Eyes Shut

  • Favorite foods: yogurt and macaroni & cheese

  • Jack loves all things science related. He likes to conduct experiments and loves medical stuff. We made a pretend x-ray machine and I love to hear him explain how everything works. The other day he explained to his dad how rain works...the entire cycle of things. I was impressed...he is a smart boy.

  • Favorite lullaby: Silent Night. In fact this is the only lullaby he has requested in the last year and a half. (Although, on occasion, he will ask me to make up a song to sing to him, using a topic he provides.)

  • He loves to swim and can dog paddle around the pool by himself.


  • He loves Legos.

  • He still loves Ironman.

  • He loves taking bike rides through the neighborhood, stopping to look at bugs and pick up rocks for his collection.

  • He loves playing video games with his dad. Little Big Planet was fun, but he really likes Ratchet and Clank.

  • He is 100% potty trained. We got rid of the pull up at night in early February. And, recently, he started to refuse to allow me to go into the stall with him at public restrooms, because he is a big boy and can do it by himself.

  • He has recently developed a shy side. He will sometimes bury his head in my shoulder when he meets new people. This is a first for him. Luckily, he does warm up to most people eventually.

  • He is adventurous and is not afraid to try new things. Recently, he did rock climbing for the first time...his idea and he didn't hesitate in the slightest. I love this about him...it also terrifies me.


He is everything we could hope for in a child. He is fun, happy, and loving.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

It is such a pleasure to come to your blog and read about your adorable, awesome boy.

Kim said...

I agree Sheri. I Can Read with my Eyes Shut was always one of Joseph's favorite books too. And, I'd pretty much sing Silent Night year round.