Monday, May 9, 2011

Great Grandmother




Last week Jack's great grandmother (my dad's mom) gave us a bit of a scare. After a brief hospital stay she is home and doing better. Jack loved visiting her, especially in the hospital because he got to check out all the cool hospital equipment. I love her and am so glad we still have her in our lives. I have to make more time to go visit her so Jack will benefit from all she has to share. At her house, Jack kept saying he wanted to stay forever.



Only my grandmother would be home and showing off her garden 4 days after having a stroke. We are so lucky she is doing well and back home.


Jack only has so much patience for pictures.



Jack was an absolute angel while visiting his great grandmother....for almost 2 hours. THEN, his cousins arrived and things changed. Jack loves his cousins, but doesn't see them often and his enthusiasm can get out of control.


He kept trying to take pictures of himself with his cousin Caitlin.




We finally intervened to help. Caitlin is just gorgeous. And she is only 12, holy cow!



The big challenge is with Ryan. Jack loves Ryan. Ryan, however, is 8 and not all that interested in hanging out with a 3 year old. Ryan is, however, really good at ignoring Jack. Those of you who know Jack know that isn't good. Jack isn't easily ignored; he just escalates his antics to try harder for your attention. I should have known better. (Ryan does look so much like his mom in this picture.)

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I wish I'd known you guys were going over there! I called her and wished her a happy mother's day.

I feel so lucky to have her as my grandma!

LauraB said...

I can vouch for Jack - he was totally good at the hospital the entire time and for the entire time he was the only kid at Grandmother's! He was down right impressive!! Gotta give him a break after all that - all his energy came pouring out when he saw Ryan. He still was a good boy - just the energy level in the room was a little more than an almost 84-year old just out of the hospital can handle!

Kim said...

I love that you put up pictures of Caitlin and Ryan. I don't get to see much of them.

Grandma is awesome! Joe loves to go visit her, and I love that he loves to go.