Thursday, March 24, 2011

Slow Down

Jack seems eager to grow up these days. I don't want to slow him down, but he is only 3...it's just too soon! Some examples:
  • When asked how old he is, he will do his best to convince you he is 4 (and sometimes 5) instead of 3.
  • When I give him a kiss, he doesn't refuse. Instead, after the kiss, he promptly wipes it off and then tells me, "How 'bout hugs?" and gives me a hug instead. (I love the hugs, but they're just not the same...)
  • He always reminds me he isn't a little boy, but he's "big Jack." (On rare occasion he will still come to me and ask to be baby Jack so I can hold him in my arms, but after just a few minutes he tells me he is big Jack again.)
  • Yesterday at the park he kept telling this little girl that he was a grown up. They had quite the debate about it before she turned and asked me, "Is he a grown up?" I love that he almost convinced her!
  • He also insists on doing everything himself. This makes it impossible to leave him alone for even a second. Yesterday, he couldn't wait for me to use the bathroom and decided he should get his own milk out of the fridge. The jug was completely full and too heavy for him to manage without incident...

I'm OK with him growing up...I just wish he wasn't so eager for it to happen so soon...

5 comments:

LauraB said...

Oh boy. Not sure I like this phase! Asserting independence ususally equal injuries or messes!

LauraB said...

Uh..that's usually. I can spell.

Sheri said...

Evan is my only child that still lets me kiss him. I hate it when they out grow that.

Kim said...

It seems like the older they get, the faster time flies. I hate it.

jaust.me said...

He sure is cute though!