Thursday, February 25, 2010

Doggie Wall

Among the many projects at our new home is Jack's bedroom. It was so hard to leave his Dr. Seuss room behind in the old house. I anticipated he would have that room for a long time, especially because Stuart and I spent so much time painting the murals. I was tempted to recreate it here, but was convinced by Stuart to do something different. Since Jack loves dogs so much, we decided on a doggie room. This is actually the hardest room to complete because I can't do it while he is sleeping, so instead I do his room in 5 minutes increments; you can imagine how long that is taking.

Anyway, 2 of his 4 murals are completed and Jack loves his "doggie wall." The other night, after putting him to bed, we could hear him talking to the dogs, saying, "it's ok doggie wall." I guess he needed to reassure them.

I just started on the 3rd mural and Jack is so excited about his "new doggie."
Hopefully, I will have a completed room to show you soon.
On another topic, Jack used his potty today and wanted to show me his "little poo poo" since he only had to go a little. After I looked, he stood there and stared at it for a moment then said, "how cute."

3 comments:

Kim said...

I love the doggie wall. What a cute idea. How do you get them to turn out so perfect? You are really talented.

Sheri said...

that last part of the post was my favorite. Thanks, I needed to laugh today.

LauraB said...

Are you getting him a "real" dalmation when the room is done? That would REALLY make Jack happy!