Monday, February 8, 2010

Potty Training - Part 2

OK, we are back to potty training. It was really Jack's idea. Friday evening, Stuart and I were busy talking while waiting for our babysitter. Meanwhile, Jack, of his on volition, removed his diaper and used his potty...without saying one word to us! We were stunned, but because it was date night, we were soon on our way and the incident was forgotten. The next morning, however, we were all out shopping. When I passed the bathrooms at the store, Jack told me he had to go "stinky" (this is what he says if he has to pee or poop.) I took him into the public restroom, removed his diaper, put him on the toilet and he went! YEA! We were thrilled!

So, we have been working at it all weekend, and so far so good. It's slow and there are accidents, but we are making progress. The biggest challenge is that Stuart is a bit weird about germs and the "accidents" leave him a little grossed out. (Shouldn't he be used to this...it is his third time through the process?!) Anyway, I am feeling optimistic. We are heading out this morning to buy more underwear.

But, I have to share my favorite part. When we put him on the potty and he doesn't have to go, he holds his penis and tries, then tells us "it's broken."

NOTE: As soon as I typed this, before I could even hit the "post" button, Jack came in to inform me that he pooped in his pants. REALLY MESSY. He was watching Elmo's World and, apparently, couldn't tear himself away. It's a good thing Stuart is at work...

OK, second interruption. I came back after cleaning Jack up so I could finish this post. Jack came running in to tell me "turkey bacon fall." WHAT?! I figured he dropped his turkey bacon and went to help him clean it up. But, apparently, Jack had peed in his potty and then dropped his turkey bacon in the pee. When I informed him it was dirty and had to be thrown away he started crying. Sheesh!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh gosh - this post made me laugh! Isn't potty training fun???

Evan was the worst with pooping on the potty. He'd scream like he was having a baby every time. After 3 weeks, it's finally getting better :)

Kim said...

Ahh, the joys of potty training.