Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cuddle Face

I know I take a lot of pictures while Jack is sleeping. One reason is he doesn't really hold still for photos while he is awake. Another is, well, he just looks so cute that I can't help myself.

I want to share one of my favorite bedtime routines with Jack. Each night I put Jack to bed, he asks me to come in and cuddle with him. Obviously, my laying in his crib with him isn't a great idea, so I began offering him an alternative. I tell him I can't get in his crib with him, but I can cuddle his face instead. I then put my hands on each side of his face to "cuddle" his face for a minute. He loves it and closes his eyes with a big grin on his face. He also holds my hands in place to make me stay there a moment longer. When I pull away, he always asks for a "last time." (Which I always indulge.)

Now, every night, he asks for "cuddle face" before I leave his room. And I love it as much as he does.

4 comments:

Sheri said...

That's so sweet.

Kim said...

That is sweet. And what a cute cuddle face he has too.

Heather said...

It is so fun that our little guys can do little things that just melt our hearts. Jack is such a sweet little guy.

Becca said...

A.D.O.R.A.B.L.E! That just makes my heart melt.