Saturday, February 20, 2010

Diaper Free!

Jack did it! He hasn't worn a diaper since Tuesday. I got rid of all of them. Tuesday morning was a little rough. He asked for diapers and I told him no. He refused underwear, so we compromised with naked. (I tried to encourage him to wear underwear by putting underpants on all of his stuffed animals, but that was a big mistake. He went hysterical when I put them on Elmo...crying so hard he threw up, so I quickly removed them all.) Since then, however, he has been great! He does not need to be reminded to go to the bathroom; he does it on his own. He is so proud every time he does it! It is so cute. He does fine with public toilets so we are not confined to the house either. He even did great with his babysitter last night!

One funny note. When he tries to go and can't, he sometimes calls me over, grabs my hand and tries to put it on his penis, asking, "help me." I'm not sure what he thinks I can do for him...

I do put him to bed in a pull-up, only because he is still in a crib. I plan to keep him in a crib as long as I can (OK, at least until he is 3.) It makes life easier.
Jack is awesome! We are going to go get him a big tractor this weekend...he earned it.

3 comments:

Becca said...

AWESOME! Way to go Jack. We kept Melanie in a pull-up at night until this month. It never interfered with her staying dry in the day.

Plus - I think it's great that he can localize where he needs help - that's a great skill to have.

We just love Jack.

LauraB said...

Yay for Jack!!!

Sheri said...

That's so great! Evan still wears diapers to bed, but he does great during the day (he can finally poop without screaming his head off).

Way to go Jack!