Saturday, April 25, 2009

Jack and the Jack Russell Terrier




Regular readers know that Jack loves dogs and cats. For Christmas, Jack got a little Jack Russell Terrier...a Ninetendog bean bag. This isn't the expensive interactive one, just a cheap little dog that barks, pants, and growls when you press his ear. He really loved his dog and took it everywhere with him. He often chewed on him until he was soaking wet.

Well, he finally broke it last week. Jack still loved him, although I thought he was looking a little gross at this point, so I tried replacing him with another one, but apparently Jack is very specific on which breed he wants. I bought him a pug and he wants nothing to do with it. (Sorry Grammie.) He has a Chihuahua he is receptive to, but he still doesn't want to play with it. We went back to Target together and he firmly rejected the toy poodle, the dalmatian, the miniature pincher, and the labrador retriever. I thought we might be on to something with the cavalier king charles spaniel, but I was mistaken. I looked on-line, however nobody sells these toys but Target, and they only sell them in the stores. Finally, I found a Target that had a bigger selection and I bought both of their Jack Russell Terriers. Jack was very excited. He kissed the dogs the whole way home. He carries them around the house and eats their little faces. I love it!

Jack is sitting on my lap as I type this morning and sure enough, he has his Jack dogs with him.

7 comments:

Becca said...

Real dogs are even better......

Wow, more than one Target - That must be the life.

LauraB said...

Ooooo...I know what to get him for his birthday now!!!

Becca said...

You should have tried a Miniature Dachshund - they are always a sure bet.

-Tim

Sheri said...

It's funny that he is so particular about the dog he wants :) LOVE those pictures.

Kim said...

Cute. He knows what he wants and won't settle for anything less. So, is there a real dog in this boy's future?

LauraB said...

Kim, refer to my "ooooo...I know what to get him" comment!!

Teresa said...

NO NO NO NO!
We have severe allergies in this house. Getting a dog would just be cruel to Stuart. Also, I suspect that Jack has some animal allergies too. Even if that was not the issue, we do not want the responsibility of a dog. We have Jack...that is plenty!