Friday, April 3, 2009

Jack's Fort

I know it is only April 3rd, and I already missed a day for my month of posts. I have a good excuse, however. Jack has been sick the last 3 days and has been waking up in the middle of the night with a fever and lots of distress. I am functioning on very little sleep at the moment. Last night he went to bed at 7:30pm with no fussing. However, he woke up screaming at 9:30 and did not go back to sleep until midnight. He then woke up at 5am screaming again and at that point we just put him in bed with us. With all of this, you would think he would need to sleep in, but no, he woke at 6:15 this morning. I am so tired.

Anyway, here is my Jack update for today. Jack loves to make tents and forts. I love it since I used to do that myself as a kid. Last weekend, my dad came over to help Stuart replace our hot water heater. The box has been very entertaining for Jack. Stuart made him a window and a little door. Jack has put pillows in the fort and hides out in there during the day. He is so much fun to play with these days.

3 comments:

Becca said...

Card board boxes were always one on my favorite toys!

I hate sick kids - I always feel so helpless. Why can't mom's have a cure all potion. "Here you go - Mom will make it feel all better." That should be a free package in the mail when you have a baby.

Sheri said...

Boxes and forts are favorites around here too.

It's so hard having a sick baby. I always use that time to cuddle and kiss Evan because usually he's too busy to tolerate it. I hope Jack feels better soon.

Kim said...

Boxes are the most fun.

Sorry Jack has been sick. There's nothing worse than having a sick baby and feeling helpless. Also, lack of sleep is not good.