Thursday, April 16, 2009

How can one child pee so much?!

If that headline hasn't driven you away, then I am surprised. Today I laid Jack down for his nap at the usual time of 11:30. I can hear him playing and banging around for a long time, but ignore it because he will eventually fall asleep. By noon, he is still awake and the playing has turned into fussing. By 12:15 he is screaming. I go in and find him standing in the crib upset because he has thrown his blanket on the floor and he can't reach it. (This is something he does almost every night at bedtime, by the way.) I pick up his blanket and give it to him when I notice he is naked from the waist down...not a good sign. I pick him up and discover the entire bed is soaking wet, including his bumper pad. Man, that is a LOT of pee! Jack won't stop crying. He pushes himself out of my arms and runs over to the corner of his room to where he had thrown his diaper on the floor. He brings it to me. I try to put a clean one on him, but he wants the wet one. I give up and instead clean up his bed, sure that he can't have anything left in him to pee again. He and his bed are finally clean and back down for a nap. Although, I can still hear him playing as a type...sometimes I miss they days when he was little and fell asleep wherever you put him.

Be grateful the battery in our camera is dead and I have no picture of the craziness. Instead, here he is at 6 weeks old, when he was more agreeable at nap time.

4 comments:

Becca said...

Wow, that is a lot of pee! Fortunately, Mel doesn't take off her diapers.

Becca said...

BTW, it sounds like you are way too patient.

Sheri said...

Um, if Mel doesn't take off her diapers then you are wayyy lucky. That's Evan's favorite thing to do. Somedays I duct tape them.

Poor Jack. He was obviously tramatized. maybe he won't do it anymore?

LauraB said...

No, Sheri. I don't think that was the problem. I think he was screaming because he couldn't get what he wanted back - his diaper and his blanket! It has more to do with temper than with what was done!!