Monday, March 5, 2012

Accident?


Jackson has already had multiple lessons on life and death, losing his guinea pig, Jerry and all of his pet worms. Well, he recently had to suffer through another loss. His beta fish is no longer with us. Apparently, while I was out of town for work, Stuart lost the fish down the drain while cleaning his tank. After several minutes of trying to get him out, Stuart felt pushing him around the blades of the garbage disposal was just cruel and he decided to just turn the disposal on and put the fish out of it's misery.

Now, I must point out that this is the second time Stuart has lost the fish down the drain, but the last time he was able to get him out without hurting him. Although, you would think that after the last time, he might have learned his lesson about putting the drain stopper in the sink BEFORE cleaning out the tank, but I guess not.

Anyway, Stuart said he was not going to tell Jack while I was gone since it was only for 2 nights and he hoped Jack wouldn't notice. Yes, Jack did notice the day I returned. Yes, Jack was sad (see sad face above.) Now, much of our nighttime prayers center around Jack telling God how much he misses his pets. My poor little boy. I hate seeing him sad. It breaks my heart.

Oh, and I am more than a little suspicious that this accident happened while I was out of town...

3 comments:

LauraB said...

Tell Jerry to not let Stuart give him a bath when you are out of town!

LauraB said...

Oops...I meant Tom!!

Kim said...

It's so sad. Loosing a pet is hard.