Friday, July 1, 2011

Sewing with Mom

This week I broke out my sewing machine to finally finish some pillows for our bedroom. Jack was very excited. Anything mechanical excites him. When I finished, I decided to hem a pair of his pajamas that were too long for him. In my continual effort to let go of my desire for everything to be perfect, I let Jack cut and sew them himself (with my help, of course.) They look a little weird, but Jack is so proud of them!






And, the pillows look awesome.



They make the bed look so much nicer.



I asked Jack if my tools were better than his dad's tools. Nope. He still thinks dad's are cooler.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Those pillows DO look awesome. I love that you let Jack do things himself. You are teaching him to be independent. That is awesome.

Sheri said...

Great job on the pillows! I wish I could sew.