Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bad Dreams

Last week Jack woke up crying in the middle of the night. Stuart went in to calm him, but Jack only wanted me. When I came in, he stopped crying. (It's hard to be frustrated when he just loves me so much!) I asked if he had a bad dream. He said he did. I asked him what happened and he told me:



I was driving your car.
(sob)

But, I didn't know how to drive.

(sob)

And I crashed... (sob) in the water.
(sob)

And I was crying.



I helped him calm down and then told him he should never drive mommy's car because he is too little to drive. He replied, I'm sorry mommy.

Luckily, most nights he doesn't wake up, but occasionally, he has a bad night. Like last night. 3 times he woke up with nightmares. Once we could hear him loudly say:


Go away bad dream!

Go away bad dream!

Leave me awone!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

So sad and so cute at the same time.

Kim said...

Crazy. I was going to leave that exact comment. Great minds think alike.