Thursday, July 21, 2011

Forever a Part of Me

Stuart snapped this picture while I was watching TV last month. Jack had to sit next to me...cheek to cheek. No matter how much I moved, he repositioned himself right next to me...like we were attached.

It reminds me of when he was a baby. I had an overwhelming need to keep him close to me. Maybe it comes from carrying a child for 9 months, but after I gave birth, I felt like part of me was missing if he wasn't right next to me.
I still feel that way. If I am driving in the car without Jack, I can't help but turn around and check his empty car seat. What can I say? He's forever a part of me. We are bonded forever.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I totally understand what you are saying. Whenever I am not working, Evan is by me. It's weird when I go somewhere by myself. I miss him every time.

Kim said...

Even though mine is older, he is still so often by my side. Being a mom is the best thing that ever happened to me.