Friday, July 29, 2011

Helpless


Tuesday night I woke up to Jack calling to me from his room. He wasn't crying or upset, so I ignored it, hoping he would go back to sleep, or at the very least that my darling husband would be generous enough to go check on him. It worked, Stuart went to check on him. Jack was very adamant that there were "eyes" in his room watching him and that the "eyes" were scaring him. Although, he wasn't crying about it, it was a little freaky. (He still asks what the eyes were doing in his room...) Anyway, it turns out he was burning up with a fever. A fever that has held on for the last few days. Stuart was worried to the point of insisting that he sleep with us a couple of nights so we could monitor him. He is better today, but I really hate when he is sick. Not that you can really tell when he is sick. God blessed us with the happiest sick baby ever. He laughs and plays, despite having a fever of 102.7!


We are very blessed that he is so healthy. In 2 years we haven't had any doctor visits, except for his well checks and flu shots. It's good because I hate when he is sick. I just feel so helpless. I just want so bad to take away his pain.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I know exactly what you mean. I worry so much when any of my children are sick.