Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Jack's Bathroom

YES! Another project in the house is finished! I completed the murals in Jack's bathroom this morning. I still want to do a shark above the window, but I think I will drive my husband mad if I do another one, so I will stop...for now.




The first picture I found on-line, and Stuart loved it so much he agreed. It was the picture that inspired the entire room.



Jack had a lot of influence in the artwork this time. The crabs were funny. I didn't plan to do them, but Jack insisted on crabs. We found some pics on line that he liked. He insisted that he didn't want the mad crab, only the happy one. After I drew 2 different happy crabs on the wall he got upset that I didn't draw the mad one. So, he was a last minute addition.


Jack also influenced this picture. I planned on painting the turtle shell brown and yellow and Jack was not happy about it. He demanded the shell be green.


After drawing the baby turtle on the wall, Jack told me it was too little and I had to make it bigger. I relented and he was right, it looks better this way.




It took awhile to find a octopus picture that both Jack and I liked.




I think Jack likes his bathroom.



I'm just glad to cross another item off of my list of things to do.

3 comments:

LauraB said...

I don't know about Jack, but I sure like his bathroom!!

Kim said...

That bathroom is so cool. What a great mom you are!

Sheri said...

That looks so good. You are so talented!