Sunday, April 10, 2011

Friends

Since Jack doesn't get to see his sisters very often (or his cousins for that matter,) friends are very important to him. We are very lucky to live in a place where we have great neighbors. Jack loves his friends and we try to ensure we schedule play dates as often as we can for him. I know these pics are awful, they were taken with my phone. This is Jack with two of his friends, Connor and Jamie. This is at the Play Fort in Anthem, an indoor play place for kids that is great. (His other friend Jack was there but didn't want to sit for the picture.)

I love that when I first set up neighborhood play dates (a year and a half ago) they didn't really play together. Now they are actually friends and I just love watching the relationships grow. Here is Jamie reading his book to the boys while Jack is feeding them yogurt melts.



Today we went to the park and met some older boys (7-10 years old.) The second Jack saw them, he jumped off his bike and ran over to them, telling me he had to go play with his friends. (I just love that he considers kids he has never met his friends.) The boys were very patient and took the time to play with Jack on his level. (I mean, I really love our neighbors.) Jack is a very sociable kid. I am so proud of him.

3 comments:

LauraB said...

It's fun to watch little kids play with friends - and listen to the conversations!

Sheri said...

I love it when they start interacting with other kids instead of reacting. So cute.

Kim said...

It's true that kids just instantly accept everybody as a friend. I think adults could learn from that. Jack is awesome.