Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Jack's Bird House



Jack has been begging to make a bird house for awhile now. (I blame the cartoon Caillou for this.) Well, this week, I told Jack we could make a bird house. He was so excited. We went to Michael's to buy the house and some paint. He could hardly contain his enthusiasm and kept asking me to hurry up so we could pay for it and take it home. At home, I told him we would eat lunch, take a nap, and then paint the house. When he awoke from his nap, he happily called to me from his bed, "Mommy, I awake!" and immediately asked if it was time to paint the bird house. I am always amazed that he wakes up asking for the last thing we discussed or did before he went to sleep...he never forgets anything.

Sorry this is long, I did shorten it just a bit.


When Stuart came home, he took him through the events of the project, carefully directing his dad to not touch the wet paint. It was so cute.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I love how much he concentrates when he's painting. So cute.

Kim said...

What a fun project. Kids are the best.