Friday, September 10, 2010

Conversations with Jack #1

I have so many funny conversations with Jack these days that I want to make an effort to document them so I don't forget. So, I think I will add this topic as a part of my semi-regular posting.

After putting Jack to bed, I often take a few minutes to play around on the computer while I wait for him to fall asleep. Because the office is just a few feet from his bedroom, this works out well. Last week, while waiting for him to go to sleep, I heard him call out to me. I answered from the office, not wanting to enter his room and give him a reason to get out of bed. Here is our conversation:
Jack: Mommy! Monsters in the closet?
Me: No, there are no monsters in your closet.
Jack: Monsters in the wall?
Me: No, no monsters in the wall.
Jack: Monsters under the bed?
Me: No. There are no monsters under your bed. Go to sleep!
Jack: Mommy! I can't find my monsters!

3 comments:

Amelia and Erik Lambson said...

Ha ha, love it!

Kim said...

That may be the best conversation ever.

Anonymous said...

Don't you just hate it when you can't find your monsters? I know I do.