Monday, August 24, 2009

Celebrating 2 Years

Saturday was Jack's 2nd birthday. No, we did not have a party. I don't want to hear it. We just don't think Jack needs a big birthday party with lots of guests EVERY year. I know that most of you do not agree, too bad. He's our kid. We win. Now, that does not mean we didn't celebrate. We had one heck of a family party. It was pretty awesome.

Jack got a train set from Mommy and Daddy. He seems to like it.


Then we had cake. Jack blew out his own candles.


He couldn't believe he got his own cake.


He really just liked the frosting.


This is pretty cool!


Yummy.


I'm in heaven.


Oops! Got some frosting on my arm, better not waste it.


Just contemplating this birthday milestone.


No more shirt, now I can really make a mess!


This may look sweet, but he is trying to push my face in the cake.

Can you stop with the pictures now so I can enjoy my cake in peace?
He also got to go play at the kid's splash park in our community center. Lots of fun. And we ended the day with ice cream. Not a bad day for any of us!

4 comments:

LauraB said...

Lucky boy - got his own cake! I'm sure Jack did not miss a party - his two favorite people were with him - Mom and Dad!!

Amelia and Erik Lambson said...

That is one cool looking train set!

Sheri said...

What a great way to just enjoy the day and make it about Jack. Big parties are so stressful and most of the time the kid could care less.

Btw, I love your dining room table.

Kim said...

I agree, big parties are stressful, and then the kids come to expect it. You can make it a special day, without going overboard and making it stressful. It looks like you did just that.

He is super happy with that cupcake - what more does he need?