Monday, January 12, 2009

Quick Jack Update

I have a lot of updates I wanted to share on Jack, but haven't had time because we have a sick baby. Jack has a really bad cold. He hasn't eaten more than a few bites of anything in the last 3 days and is having lots of trouble breathing. Right now, I really miss my baby sleeping in his crib as he is in this picture. He goes to sleep in his crib, but around 11pm he wakes up screaming. The last 3 days he has slept most of the night in our bed with us. I know that is a bad habit to start, but when he gets up every 1-2 hours, you do what you have to do to survive the night. Fever, runny nose, and sore throat...not a sleep inducing combination. In desperation, we gave him fruit sorbet about midnight last night to calm him down and help sooth his throat. No judgements--it worked. This kid is too much of a restless sleeper to share our bed even when he does sleep, so Stuart and I are exhausted. And to top it off, I woke up this morning with a sore throat. Great. I don't have time for this. I don't get sick days at my job.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

It must be going around because Evan has the same thing. I overslept this morning because I am so exhausted taking care of him. I think today was the first in four days that Evan has actually eaten anything.

I feel for you.

LauraB said...

Poor little guy! When they're hurting, you do anything to make them feel better.