Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Blanket Baby

Jack loves his blanket. Yes, he gets that from me. I was a blanket baby. When Jack was first born, my Grandma Lambson even made him a duplicate of the blanket I carried around as a baby, anticipating that Jack might take after me. (Yes, she is amazing and so thoughtful.) Jack, however, didn't take to it. Instead, he was obsessed with my robe, so I bought him a blanket that matched the robe's fabric and he has loved it ever since. Normally, I don't let him have it except for bedtime because he will drag it all over the house. Since he has been sick, however, I have let him hold onto the blanket for comfort. As a result, he has not let it go in the last week. He won't even ride in his car without it. Luckily, I bought 2 of them so there is a back-up while I am doing laundry. BTW, I love this pic because he looks like me (or, I should say, baby pics of me.) In the first year, he looked so much like Stuart; only lately do I see the possibility that he might actually be my son.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

That boy is the spitting image of you!

Evan loves his binky like Jack loves his blankie. Maybe we can start a support group?

Teresa said...

I could use a support group Sheri. Seriously.