Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Dad is Home

I know I haven't posted anything for awhile. I have been feeling really down and have not been up to doing it lately. Stuart being gone was a big reminder of how isolated I feel living here; it feels like I rarely get to see anyone. I know I shouldn't complain and in truth it really makes me appreciate my husband, and our relationship more. It's been wonderful having him back, but it has, understandably, taken a good week for him to get back on the right time schedule. Jack is thrilled to have his dad back and takes it very hard now when he leaves in the morning for work. We are both so tired right now. It has been 4 months since we last had a date without Jack and it is starting to wear on us. However, I know how blessed we are and Stuart is so good at reminding me of that on a regular basis.

We also got news last week that my aunt Shelley is not doing well and has very limited time remaining with her family. (http://shelleyshelleyconway.blogspot.com/) I cannot begin to understand how hard it must be to try to say good-bye to your children. I am so grateful that so many have come out to support and assist them during this time. Everything else is trivial compared to that. I focus on so many small frustrations and forget that I have a beautiful family that is healthy and happy, and that is really the most important thing of all. I also appreciate some very good girlfriends I have that got me out of the house last Friday for a walk around the Fountain Hills Art Festival. Sarah and Sharon are always good for being there to listen and sympathize. They also know when to hit me upside the head and making sure I stop whining.

I promise to have more Jack posts soon. He has been a constant ray of both sunshine and frustration in this house and is our perspective.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I read the blog today about Shelley and cried. Her families faith is amazing.

I've missed your posts.

LauraB said...

Thank you for posting - it's seems so unreal to think we live in the same "urban area" and don't get to see Jack as often as we'd like. But, man, that drive takes some planning (as you well know!)!!

My heart breaks for Shelley's family. My neice lost her father when she was only 11. From going through that experience with her, I can tell you your Uncle Michael is doing well by his children - keeping them involved, close to their mother and letting them express their emotions is the best thing he can do for them.

Kim said...

I read the blog about Shelly too. I cried and cried. I will keep her family in my prayers.

I hope you are feeling better too. I know I am on the opposite end of the valley, but if you and Stuart ever want to go out, I'd be happy to watch Jack for you.