Sunday, November 30, 2008

15 Months Old

On the 22nd, Jack turned 15 months old. He is getting so big it is hard to believe. He is currently 27 lb 4 oz and is over 34 inches long. This kid is tall. He also has 16 teeth and the last 4 molars are already starting to come in now.

The problem with his size is that people assume he is older than he is. I took him to Scottsdale Fashion Square mall to play in the kiddie area a few weeks ago and was astonished that he was so much bigger than the kids his age. This caused more than a few dirty looks from other moms. You see, Jack is extremely happy and not at all shy. As a result, he runs all over the place, screaming and laughing and trying to play with the other kids. The other moms are trying to tell him to wait his turn and say please. They were not subtle at hiding their looks of disgust over his inability to follow their instructions and my inability to keep him in check. Hello...he is only 15 months old. He may be as big as your 3 year old, but he just isn't that sophisticated yet. I was proud, however, at how quickly he could master climbing on everything, and also more than a little terrified. I swear each day my goal is to just keep this kid alive.

In the first year, we took monthly photos of Jack. Now, we are attempting to do a nice photo shoot every 3 months. That really isn't possible anymore; he is way too active. We took 206 pictures in an attempt to get one photo we somewhat liked. As you can see from some of the other attempts, he just won't hold still for even a second any longer.



5 comments:

Charlotte said...

I can't believe how old he looks1 He is so handsome in white and jeans. I love it! Are you bringing him Tuesday or who is watching him?

Teresa said...

Not sure yet. If we bring him, it just means one of us has to wait outside with him the whole time. We're still working on it.

Sheri said...

I love his outfit! He's so handsome!

Kim said...

I like the photo's. My favorite photos are the ones that we catch our kids being themselves. The posed ones are nice, but the spontaneous ones give a better glimpse into their personalities. And really, does Jack take a bad photo? I don't think so. He's so cute.

LauraB said...

I can't wait to see him Saturday!!!!