Monday, December 10, 2007

At home watching Jack

Well, I took today off of work with the intention of completing all of my Christmas shopping. Jack and I went to Target and he was just great (he usually likes the car ride.) I planned on doing some outdoor shopping, but it was raining so I thought I would go home first. In the 2 mile drive home, Jack started crying, no screaming is more accurate. He turned bright red and I thought for sure he was going to pass out. I couldn't calm him and couldn't get around all of the crazy drivers to pull over. I was crying and he was screaming. As soon as I got home, he went to sleep. So much for getting everything done today. I guess I will be one of the last minute shoppers fighting the crowds just before Christmas.

I'm at home and frustrated because I want to be out, but don't want to wake my peaceful baby (he is so cute that I can't be upset with him!) So, I will follow Marcy's lead and do some rambling. Jack loves music. He apparently is tone deaf because he loves when I sing to him and I am just awful. We found that he really loves 2 songs in particular: On Top of Spaghetti and Jingle Bells. He laughs out loud and does his own attempt to sing along. I'm glad about the Jingle Bells because I was getting tired of singing the other one.

What else is going on? We've tried to start some of our own family Christmas traditions. One is that we read Jack a Christmas story each night and then take a candy from our advent calendar. I found some great children's books that tell the story of Christmas. He really likes the stories and I really like the chocolate.

We went to the doctor Friday because his eye was red and watering. When I called the nurse, he thought it was pink eye and wanted me to bring him in to the office. Turns out it is just a clogged tear duct. We did find out that he now weights 18 lbs 6 oz... and he isn't even 4 months yet! No wonder my back is killing me.

I only work 4 more days this week: 2 from home and 2 in the office, then I am off for the rest of the year! Yea! I really am excited to do some holiday baking again this year. Well, it looks like Jack is waking up, so I will just post this cute picture of him. (We took it while singing with him.)

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Been there - it isn't fun! Somehow kids know when you need to get stuff done...

Kim said...

I love the Christmas tradition of reading a Christmas story every night. We do that every year too and it is my favorite tradition of the holiday season.

Charlotte said...

I can't wait to see him tomorrow! I'm sure he misses me!

LauraB said...

I missed my "Jack fix" this week! Tell him to save up some smiles for me on Saturday!!