Sunday, December 16, 2007

Gingerbread Party



Yesterday I held my 6th annual gingerbread making party for the family. (Maybe it's the fifth, I forget, all I know is it was 2 houses ago for me, so it's been going on for awhile.) The first year, I was crazy enough to make the houses for everyone to decorate. I've long since given up on that idea. Now, everyone brings their own (either homemade or those great pre-made kits!) Here are a few highlights:

  1. It seemed louder this year than normal (the new tile in the house created some echos and made the 3 wild boys sound more like 10)
  2. Caitlin was insistent that I judge them and create a blue ribbon for the winner (with smaller prizes for everyone else.
  3. All of the kids houses had to be completed by the parents when they lost interest
  4. Lexi is so cute!
  5. Charlotte, Wendy, and my mom ate all the appetizers before my dad, Laura, Marcy, and Jamie arrived so we had to make more.
  6. Caitlin ran into the screen door and it popped right off the door frame. She was so worried we would be mad at her. (How could we, she is just so cute.)
  7. It's more fun with Kevin, Jon, and Patrick because they really get into it!
  8. Caitlin reading to the crazy boys to help calm them down.

We even managed to get a picture of all the kids together!

11 comments:

LauraB said...

Uh, hell-oooo...I helped Logan with his. Jamie opted out this year! I wondered why you were making more food - now I know!!

Teresa said...

I said the parents helped; I didn't say which parents helped which kids....geez!

Sheri said...

I love doing the gingerbread houses. It's one of my favorite traditions. I love those pictures with all the kids :)

Brian said...

It doesn't surprise me that Charlotte and Wendy were so insensitive that they ate all the appetizers before all the guests arrived. Geez! All they care about is themselves...:-)

Charlotte said...

Thanks Teresa, we did not eat ALL the appetizers!! Brian, the important guests were on time and any one who knows any Lambsons know if you are late you might not get to eat!

Teresa said...

That's true Char, I think there were about 3-4 left.

Kim said...

So, who won the contest? Was it Caitlin? Her house is looking pretty good in the photo.

I bet Ryan, Bremen and Logan were happy to be together again. No wonder it was loud, 3 young boys + candy = loud fun.

Love the pictures!

Teresa said...

Yes Caitlin won, but in all fairness, Charlotte did the house while Catilin delegated. That girl will make a great manager some day.

Brian said...

You mean she will make a great 'wife' someday, right?

Teresa said...

Oh, you didn't say that did you Brian?! Kim, could you kick your husband?

Kim said...

He's just bitter about being "managed" by his wife all the time. He knows who is boss.