Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Easter

 Jack was thrilled to get a Boba Fett air launcher in his Easter basket.  He didn't care one bit about the candy and didn't even ask for any of the candy until days later.  He did play with this rocket for 2 days straight.  And, he slept with it.  Always a sign he loves a toy.









Check out the action shot I captured!  Very cool.






We also decorated eggs, of course.  I was so proud of Jack.  He did 90% of the work himself this year.  He is growing up so fast!
He loved the egg holder.
I have no idea what he was doing here, but the picture cracks me up!
It takes serious concentration to get it right.
I love that we have half camouflage and half glitter eggs.  (Jack's choice.)  It shows perfectly how Jack straddles the line between little boy and big boy!
Before dying the eggs, Jack and I had a discussion as to what the eggs symbolize for Easter.  I really want him to understand the meaning behind some of the fun traditions that we do.  He listened intently as I explained in very simplistic terms.  I didn't expect him to totally understand at this age.  When we dyed the last egg, however, Jack turned to me and said, "Now I can live forever because I dyed the eggs, right?"  I tried to clarify, but he was adamant that he could live forever now that he had dyed Easter eggs.  Uh, well, maybe I need to work on my explanation...

2 comments:

Sheri said...

I love that Jack still only wears underwear at home. It reminds me of Xander and Joe when they were little :)

Kim said...

I love Easter, and I love that Joe will still dye eggs with me.