Monday, April 23, 2012

Happy Anniversary


March 19th, we celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary.  We didn't do anything big as Karen was visiting for Spring Break at the time.  Instead, we made a fabulous dinner of crab legs and shrimp cargot at home, finishing off with a decadent chocolate mousse cake from AJs.  Yum!

Jack was losing patience with me in this video.  I asked him these questions multiple times, but Stuart kept making wise cracks in the background...so Jack made it clear that it was time to turn off the video so he could enjoy his cake.

My memories of our wedding day...

I remember my dad being advised to walk slowly and not drag me down the aisle.  (He has a tendency to walk very fast.)  But, when I saw Stuart at the end of the aisle, I couldn't help myself, I rushed and my dad had to slow me down.

I remember that I was just 16 weeks pregnant at the time, which is about the time your baby can hear sounds outside of the womb and I couldn't help but smile at the thought that Baby Jack would be able to hear us exchanging vows.

I remember that in the excitement of getting ready, I forgot to brush my teeth and realized this just as we were lining up to walk down the aisle.  So, I tried to rush back with my sister to brush my teeth, when we heard the music start up, so I turned around and hurried back to my place.  Luckily, my new husband gave me a breath mint after the ceremony!

And, I remember that as we rehearsed our vows with Reverend Sandoval, Stuart continually cracked jokes while I wept.  Then, when the day arrived, we totally surprised the Reverend as Stuart cried and I giggled through our vows.  Yes, that describes our relationship perfectly.  We balance each other out...

2 comments:

LauraB said...

So sweet!! All of it - Jack and your memories!

Kim said...

I love this post!