Saturday, December 3, 2011

Weird and Wacky Jack Fact #12


I think I may have mentioned that Jack talks in his sleep. A LOT. As he gets older, it is funny because we can better understand what he is saying. Now, Jack is great when it comes to bedtimes. We kept him in a crib till he was around 3 and were clear that if he wanted a big boy bed, he was NOT allowed to get out of it in the middle of the night until we gave him permission (except to use the bathroom.) This is a zero tolerance policy in our house and it works great. Jack calls to us from his room if he needs us (even in the morning) and stays there until we tell him he can get up...as a result, we get no middle of the night visitors. It's pretty awesome. But, because we cannot hear his room from our room, we still use a monitor. So, we are privy to lots of his night time talking. Some of the things we have heard:


  • One night he yelled out, "Look at all the LEGOs!"

  • The other night we could hear him loudly exclaim, "Say excuse me Dad!" over and over.

  • A recent nightmare had him crying, very hard. The reason is not really clear, but he said something like, "They ate without me. Mom, you ate without me!" He was VERY upset.

I really wish I wrote more of these down, but I'm usually pretty tired when they happen. Seriously, some of them are hysterical...but I can't for the life of me recall any. Such is life.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Joe is the same way. Sometimes Brian and I are up at night watching t.v. and we hear him talking. We always press pause so we can hear what's up. I love it!

Sheri said...

Ben doesn't talk in his sleep but he does sleep walk. I think I'd prefer the talking :)