Monday, December 19, 2011

Visiting Santa

I had a crazy idea a couple of weeks ago to drive to Anthem to see the largest cut Christmas tree in North America. I thought if we got there right when they opened, we could also see Santa and avoid a big line. Apparently, everyone else had the same idea. It was FREEZING cold. And, everyone in front of us had multiple kids...that each needed an individual picture with Santa, and a group picture with all the kids with Santa, and one with the parents...you get the idea. We waited in line for 2.5 hours! We tried suggesting to Jack that we come back another day, but he was already too excited. Stuart actually had time to drive home, grab some heavy jackets and come back.

The tree was impressive, as usual.




I was so impressed with Jack. He played with all the kids in line. He was so outgoing. He would go up and introduce himself and ask if they wanted to play. (Of course, once it got a little weird when he approached a couple of older girls and said, "Hi, I'm Jack. Do you like candy? I've got candy in my pocket." We'll have to work on that approach.)

By the time we got close, Jack was literally, jumping with joy.




When it was his turn, he didn't hesitate, but went right up to Santa and climbed on his lap.



He's so grown up!

2 comments:

Sheri said...

That tree is awesome!

I love the picture of Jack and Santa.

Also, Jack can use that candy line on me any time :)

Kim said...

That Tree is amazing.

It is amazing that he would be willing to wait 2.5 hours, but it looks like it was worth it.