Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Jack's Favorites

It's been awhile, so I thought it was time to update Jack's current list of favorite things.
  • TV Show: Calliou. Words cannot describe how much he loves Calliou. It plays on PBS at 7:30am. Jack generally wakes up at 6:30am. That means, we have an entire hour of Jack begging to watch Calliou each morning. He will just say "Calliou" over and over again until you relent. Depending on how tired we are, we sometimes just give in and play it on the DVR.
  • Movie: WALL-E. Jack loves to hold hands "like WALL-E and Eva." He must have been dreaming about the movie last night because he woke up this morning looking for Eva. He made me walk around the house with him this morning in an attempt to find her.
  • Color: Pink. Yes, you read that right. Dad isn't thrilled about it, but I don't care. I think it is because I wear pink so much .
  • Phrase: "I don't like it." He says this a lot.
  • Animal: Dogs. He still LOVES dogs and plays with any that we encounter at the park...until I drag him away, screaming.
  • Book: Little Boy. I bought this as a Father's Day gift for Stuart, and I didn't think it would appeal that much to Jack, but I was wrong. It may not rhyme, but it has everything a little boy loves to look at in one book.
  • Song: As Jack would say, the "Shake It" song. (Otherwise known as Hey Ya...but only the cover done by Obadiah Parker, not the original by Outkast.) I know most of you reading this have no idea what I am talking about.
  • Toy: I don't think there is just one...he loves tractors, robots, tools, cars, and trains.
  • Item of Clothing: He still prefers naked, but when forced, he only wants to wear his train shirt that is too small for him, but he insists on wearing it anyway.
  • Person: Me. He might love his dad, but I am definitely his favorite!

NOTE: The above picture was taken on Jack's first train ride. While Stuart was out of town, I tried to plan some fun activities so Jack wouldn't miss his dad so much. One day, we went to ride the train at the Anthem park. Jack was in heaven.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He might love his dad, but I am definitely his favorite!

Don't get a big head ...he would leave you for candy any day

Sheri said...

I think all of my boys went through a phase where their favorite color was pink. Tell Stuart not to worry :)

Teresa said...

Funny Stuart. Hiding behind "anonymous" posts. Shameful. You must be jealous.

Kim said...

What is it about Calliou. Every little kid I know had a phase where they just loved that show.

I love the Hey Ya song too. It is a fun song, although I have only heard the Outkast version. I will have to check out the other one.

Love reading about jack, and how cute is that picture. he looks so happy.