Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Road Trip

A couple of weeks ago, we took a family road trip to Pinetop for my sister's wedding. I am amazed at how great Jack was in the car. 4 hour ride each way and he was wide awake and wonderful the whole time. (Of course, he insisted on a very fun game of "put the water cap in mom's mouth repeatedly until her jaw hurts," but you do whatever it takes to keep your kids happy.) We had a great time staying at my generous uncle's cabin/luxury resort with family. It was beautiful, although Jack didn't sleep much as he preferred to explore his new surroundings.

We saw lots of elk.


The location and weather were beautiful. It was a nice intimate ceremony. (Yes, I cried, I can't help it, as I said before, I am an emotional person.)


Wendy looked beautiful and Shane looked very much in love.


Jack looked so handsome on the way to the wedding. However, it took a lot of candy to keep him quiet during the ceremony and Stuart was gracious enough to walk him around and keep him distracted so I could watch. (We don't normally use sugar as a bribe, but on special occasions, we aren't above doing anything that works to keep the peace.)


Wendy's daughter, Kailee, was a beautiful junior bridesmaid.


My other sister Charlotte and my gorgeous niece Caitlin had fun.


Luckily, Jack's sister Karen was in town for the wedding. (I know Karen hates it when I post pics of her, so hopefully she won't mind this one. She looks beautiful, as always.)


OK, I had to post this pic because Stuart said it looks fake because Char and I are hugging...how sad is that?!


Jack got to meet his newest cousin, Hunter. He was so excited and grinned the whole time he held him. At first, Hunter seemed okay with the idea.


He soon appeared a little nervous so we gave him back to his mom. Jack cried.

The only bad thing was that the air conditioning in our car went out the morning we left for home. The first portion of the trip was okay because we were still in the high country. Once we hit Payson, however, the heat was on big time. So, we stopped to buy tons of cold bottled water to try to survive driving the final couple of hours home. (This had to happen in 115 degree weather?!) I just kept dumping the water over Jack's head on the drive home to keep him comfortable. He really liked that. And, in Fountain Hills we stopped for ice cream.

He got a little heat rash, but overall, we had a good trip. Can I say again how amazed I am at how wonderful he was in the car? What a great baby boy!

3 comments:

Amelia and Erik Lambson said...

Looks like it was a beautiful wedding! I want to get away to the pines so bad.

Sheri said...

Evan is always good on our trips to the Lodge and I'm always amazed. It surprises me that Evan will sit still for that long because he's so active.

I love the pictures of the wedding - you all look beautiful :) I love your dress.

Kim said...

I love your dress too. Sheri is right. You all look great. I can't believe how grown up Kailee is looking.