Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Love

We love this picture...Jack found an old pair of Stuart's glasses and had to wear them...what a cutie! Jack is just awesome. There are so many reasons to love this little baby boy. Here are a just a few:
  • When I sit to watch TV with Jack, he will wrap my arms around him. If I try to move my arms, even to point out something on the screen, he will pull my arms back and place them around his waist again.
  • He calls out to me in his sleep. Often, I will hear him say "mom" repeatedly over the monitor at night. When I go to check on him, he is fast asleep. He will sometimes sit up and say "mommy?" with his eyes closed tight. It is so sweet I can't stand it sometimes.
  • He loves to give kisses. He always says "mmmm" before he puckers up for a big kiss.
  • It doesn't matter who gets him out of his crib in the morning, he has to run through the house to find the other parent before he can go about his day. He smiles and laughs when he finally gets to see who he is looking for...and then he runs away.
  • When he talks to you, he isn't satisfied until you are looking him in the eye and he is certain he has your full attention.
  • When he snuggles in for a story, it isn't enough to sit next to us, he has to sit ON us. That could be the lap, chest, neck, it doesn't matter...he just can't seem to get close enough.

I am overwhelmed sometimes over how blessed we are to raise this little boy.

2 comments:

Sheri said...

Evan does the same thing - he makes me put both of my arms around him and gets upset if I move.

As crazy and stressful as it is, I feel like being a mother is the best thing in the world. Thank you for reminding me of that.

Heather said...

I loved this blog. Right now I am loving how much Hunter knows me and how he smiles when he hears my voice. Being a mom is amazing especially to really fun boys. I can't wait to see you and Jack and have you meet Hunter.