Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our First Trip to the Zoo

Today we took Jack on his first trip to the zoo. The weather was cooling off and we thought he was finally getting old enough to appreciate it. Well, I guess we aren't very bright. It was still very HOT out, 99 degrees. I thought we were going to melt. Jack enjoyed the monkeys and some of the birds, but for the most part, he was more interested in watching the other kids that were there. I think we could have gotten the same excitement from him by taking him to a mall, and it would have been much cooler. Oh, well, we will try it again in another month and see how it goes. Here are some highlights:

Jack and Stuart, camouflaged to blend in with the background.
Me and my baby, notice how wet he is with sweat.
Jack, Stuart and some rhino butt. I hope you can tell who is who.
Stuart and the snake charming baby.
Jack and the giraffe; he could care less.

Jack had the most fun on the drive home, playing peek-a-boo with his burp cloth and wearing it as a hat. He thought he was so funny.

6 comments:

LauraB said...

Bring him to the Boise zoo - it's going to be 65 today, but will reach a balmy 79 by Friday!

Anonymous said...

This is too funny -- we just took Wyatt to the zoo for the FIRST time yesterday, too!!! I'm happy to say it was perfect weather (partly sunny and 80 degrees) and Wyatt had a blast. Think Jack will enjoy it more in a few months (Wyatt is now 20 months - can u believe it?)
--Alex

Sheri said...

You guys are such a cute family. Did you visit the water area? That's my kids favorite part of the zoo - sad, I know.

Kim said...

I Love the zoo. I've been waiting for it to cool down so we could go. After a summer of blistering heat, I can't wait to get outside again.

I love the pictures. Jack is looking so grown up.

LauraB said...

By the way, could you put a red dot on the rhino butt - I'm not sure if it's to the left or to the right! :)

Teresa said...

We are so on the same page Alex. Keep bragging about that good weather, right now Des Moines is sounding pretty good to me! BTW, I haven't gotten new Wyatt pics in awhile, please send some!

No on the water Sheri. It was way too crowded and I thought the older kids might knock Jack around as he isn't that steady on his feet. Next time for sure!