Saturday, January 9, 2010

Weird and Wacky Jack Fact #4

Most of you know that Jack is very particular about what he is willing to wear...and usually that is nothing. Last week we put him to bed after finally convincing him to wear jammies. When we checked on him later, we discovered he had removed them before going to sleep.

Often times, we put his jammies on him after he falls asleep. Usually, this works, however, there are many times we end up hearing him on the monitor, in the middle of the night, crying "I don't like it!" as he tries to remove them.

Well, it doesn't stop with his clothes. Jack is also very particular about what his parents wear. If I put on anything bulky (a sweatshirt, a long robe, or one of Stuart's shirts...) Jack cries and begs me to take it off. I'm not kidding here. If Stuart puts on a polo shirt over his t-shirt, Jack cries and tries to pull it off him. This has gone on for months, but now it seems to extend to my hair. He hates when I put my hair up. If he notices I have a ponytail, he begs "hair down!" and if I don't comply he tries to pull it out himself.

It would be funnier if it wasn't so frustrating. What can we do? We gotta laugh. We love our crazy, strange little boy!

5 comments:

Sheri said...

Max and Evan HATE it when I wear my hair back.

That is hilarious about your sweater. My boys are picky about what they wear, but never about what I wear. That has to be frustrating!

LauraB said...

Do your future daughter-in-law a favor and don't let his control issues do unchecked!!

LauraB said...

uh...that's "go" unchecked!

(I was rattled by the work verification - it was bordering on the obscene!)

Kim said...

Wow, I've been off the blogs for a while. I've been reading yours to catch up. Jack certainly has a mind of his own. I think it's awesome. What a fun and interesting boy you have.

Becca said...

Silly Jack!! When Melanie doesn't want to wear jammies we usually convince her she really does want to wear them - it sounds like you have a lot of convincing to do!!