Monday, January 25, 2010

Bad Monkey


So, yesterday afternoon, I put Jack down for his nap and we began painting in our master bedroom (we are limited to painting when Jack is asleep so we try to take advantage of every second we have.) 30 minutes later, Jack is making so much noise I am certain he is never going to fall asleep, so I go into his room to try and get him to settle down again. He is very upset and pointing to his monkey in the corner of his crib. I pick it up and discover the monkey is soaking wet. I look at Jack and he is naked, and hands me his dry diaper. Apparently, he had to pee, so he removed his diaper and peed on his monkey. I don't know what this poor monkey ever did to deserve that kind of treatment.

Which brings me to my current dilemma. Do I restart potty training? Have I already passed the point of no return with the process? He keeps taking his diaper off when we put him to bed so he can pee in his crib. It would be funnier if I didn't have to continually wash his bedding.

6 comments:

Becca said...

Teresa, how do know it was Jack? It sounds like the monkey is the one that peed. Jack's diaper was dry...
Hehehe. Jack, you are awfully clever!

Tim said...

I have to agree with Becca. Unless Jack is clever way beyond his years, and has already figured out how to frame 'apparently' inanimate objects, I'd say the monkey's to blame...

Sheri said...

I wish I had some advice for you. It seems like he wants to be potty trained, so maybe you should keep at it. It's so hard because each kid and each circumstance is different.

Kim said...

If he can wait and then pee in his crib, he certainly has the capability to be trained. Sheri is right, each kid and circumstance is different. All I can say is "good luck".

stuart said...

OK Jacks ready but the monkey needs diapers..

Kim said...

Ok, that comment was hilarious.