Monday, October 26, 2009

We LOVE Toddlers!

It is becoming increasingly clear that Jack is no longer a baby. We are in full blown toddler mode these days. How can we tell? INDEPENDENCE. Jack is determined to do things for himself. This is very evident in his clothing. As you can see from the picture above, he wanted to go check the mail while wearing his Batman jammies, his rubber fireman boots, and his Cars backpack. I won't complain, since at least he was willing to wear clothes; most days he prefers naked. And he is sneaky about the naked time. He takes off his diaper and hides under his blanket...It is not uncommon for him to throw a FIT when it is time to get dressed. And even when he is willing, he is particular about what he will wear. He hates shirts and shorts, but loves long pants and shoes. Jammies are also a struggle. Last week he freaked out about putting his jammies on, so we just put him to bed in his diaper. Stuart was worried he would be cold, so we slipped his jammies on after he fell asleep. He woke up in the middle of the night screaming because he couldn't get them off and he was mad.

I know some people (who shall remain nameless) consider these the challenging years...the terrible twos we have all heard about...something to be survived until they grow out of it. Stuart and I don't agree. We LOVE this time. Yes, it is exhausting raising a toddler, but it is so much fun. This is a great age. At this age toddlers are exploring and learning so much. They are so FUNNY. I defy anyone to spend time with a 2-3 year old and be depressed. It just isn't possible. What a great little boy Jack is turning out to be...

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Sometimes I am so exhausted - but you're right - toddlers are so much fun. Evan makes me laugh all day.

Max is 6 and he still cracks me up all the time. For me, the hardest age has been 11 (so far) but maybe that's because he's my oldest and I don't know what to expect.

I love Jack's outfit. It cracks me up.

LauraB said...

I LOVE jammie days - I need to be more "Jack-like" and have them more often!!

Kim said...

The toddler years are the best. I have so many pictures of Joe in similar outfits to the one Jack is wearing. He had these Darth Maul snow boots that he wore everywhere. I also have about 6 months worth of photos where he has a pair of swim goggles on the top of his head. Whatever makes them happy, right?