Friday, June 27, 2008

Canada Part I - Graduation

I have lots to share about our Canada trip, but it is too much to summarize in one post, so I will break it up for you. Let's start with the best part. The reason for our trip up to Canada was to watch Karen graduate from the 8th grade. I know this will make me sound old, and I am already anticipating the mocking to come from my brother Jon, but 8th grade graduation was not a big deal when I was a kid. I believe they let us watch movies the last day of school and gave some sort of speech congratulating us about moving to the 9th grade, and that was it. Also, since we didn't change schools until the 10th grade, it seemed unnecessary. Flash forward many years (insert joke from Jon here) and 8th grade graduation is a production. Everyone is dressed up like it is prom night. OK, enough about that. Karen looked FABULOUS. Her mom helped her get dressed up for the event and Stuart and I were amazed at how grown up she suddenly looked overnight. Remember, she is only 13! After Karen's name was called, I spent the rest of the ceremony outside with Jack since I made him cry when I screamed after they called Karen's name. He got over it and spent the rest of the evening flirting with all of the pretty girls.
Having fun!
Future Super Model
Paparazzi Shots!
More to come in the next installment...

3 comments:

Sandy said...

You are so right--she looks so grown up and happy. It was a big deal when I graduated from 8th grade too. We wore prom dresses under our graduation gowns. Anyway I am happy for her and am glad to hear you had a happy trip. Miss seeing you!!!!!!!!!!! Love, Mom

Sheri said...

It wasn't a big deal when I graduated from 8th grade either. In fact, I don't remember them doing anything special.

She is one gorgeous girl :)

LauraB said...

Remember, Teresa, you WERE in a foreign country, eh? We've progressed and now think, in the USofA, that you should continue your education at least through the 12th grade!! (Just kidding, Stuart!)

Seriously, Karen looks fabulous. What a beautiful young lady she has become!